Learn how to make homemade lavender sea salt soap as a great Christmas gift! This DIY project is super simple and smells so good.
Making homemade gifts is always one of my favorite things to do during the holidays. I like quick and easy projects that can be done in just a few hours. This is our third week of sharing our homemade gifts with you. That is 12 unique homemade gift ideas that you have seen from Amy @amysadlerdesigns, Regina @savedfromsalvage, Jennifer @cottageonbunkerhill, and me. If you missed the posts, you could find how to make a chunky finger-knit blanket and my wax sachet tags here, along with the great ideas from my friends.
Recently, I made these decadent Lavender and Himalayan Sea Salt Bars! Combining the Lavender Essential Oil and pink Himalayan salt, well known for its stimulating properties, creates a luxurious soap that will provide mild exfoliation. Skin will feel silky smooth after using this unique bar which offers natural benefits to your daily routine.
Table of contents
- What is Himalayan Sea Salt
- Benefits of Himalayan Bath Salts
- Ingredients to make Lavender Sea Salt Soap
- Instructions to make your Lavender Sea Salt Soap
- Pouring your Soap Base into the Silicone Mold
- Finishing up your Soap
- Packaging your Sea Salt Soap
- Other Himalayan Sea Salt Bath Products you can make
- Shop The Supplies needed to make Sea Salt Soap
This melt-and-pour recipe is perfect for a pre-shaving exfoliation and is made with a custom blend of ingredients and the correct type of salt. Cold process soaps are more forgiving when adding sea salts; however, I find it much easier to make a melt-and-pour soap. ( I would advise not to use this on your face).
What is Himalayan Sea Salt
The pink Himalayan salt from the Khewra Salt Mine in Pakistan is unique. Its origins can be traced back millions of years, formed by ancient evaporation and hand-extracted without added processing or additives – retaining all its natural minerals and trace elements, giving it a flavor far more sophisticated than regular table salt! Using this luxurious ingredient gives dishes an elegant yet rustic seasoning that impresses your guests with its incredible complexity. Himalayan sea salt has also been found to have significant benefits for bathing.
Benefits of Himalayan Bath Salts
- Detox- Pamper and refresh your body with Himalayan bath salt! Not only does this exceptional mineral help to draw out toxins, but it also opens the pores of your skin so that those pesky pollutants can be released. And don’t forget its ability to renew and re-energize – a perfect way to balance mind, body, and soul.
- Balance- Discover the balanced effects of indulging in a Himalayan salt bath! The unrefined mineral richness has been known to lower your blood pressure.
- Rejuvenating- Give yourself the spa treatment you deserve with a salt bath! Not only does this detox route leave your skin feeling renewed and rejuvenated, but its exfoliating salts help to remove dead cells for soft, glowing skin.
- Relaxation- With an ever-growing list of commitments and expectations, finding the time for relaxation can be challenging. But taking a soothing salt bath could be the perfect solution! Himalayan salt baths offer incredible benefits beyond basic relaxation, from easing mental stressors to helping athletes rejuvenate overworked muscles. So take some time out of your day and permit yourself to rest using a Lavendar Sea Salt Soap. Or gift a bar of soap to help a friend relax.
Ingredients to make Lavender Sea Salt Soap
- 2 lbs. of melt and pour soap base
- 1.5 cups of Himilayan Sea Salts
- 1.5 oz. essential Oil
- 1 Silicone mold
- A small spray bottle with Alcohol
Instructions to make your Lavender Sea Salt Soap
- Cut the soap base into small pieces and put them into a glass measuring cup.
2. Melt the soap base in the microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute at a time. Take out and stir after each time.
3. Continue to do this until the mixture is completely melted.
4. Add you’re essential oil and mix well.
Pouring your Soap Base into the Silicone Mold
5. Place a little bit of the Himilayan Sea Salt into the bottom of each mold.
6. Give the bottom of the mold a slight spray of alcohol. (this helps to prevent bubbles)
7. Place the remainder of the sea salt into the soap mixture. You may need to heat the mixture and mix well until it is liquid.
8. Spoon a few teaspoons of the soap with the salts into each mold round. Since the salt is heavy, it will fall to the bottom of the glass, so you need to dig for the salts in the measuring cup.
9. Pour the remainder of the soap mixture into the molds. You want to pour one at a time and then spay the top of the soap with a little bit of alcohol, and it will rid you of the bubbles you see.
Finishing up your Soap
10. Allow the soap to dry for several hours. I like to put mine in the refrigerator to help set the soap.
11. Once the soap is dry, remove it from the mold.
12. You will want to wrap the soap in saran wrap before wrapping it up to give as a gift.
Packaging your Sea Salt Soap
There are so many beautiful ways to wrap up your sea salt soap to give it as a gift.
- Wrap it in a kraft paper box with a soft raw edge ribbon.
- . Wrap the Sea salt in a cello bag with a fun bow.
- Use a paper gift bag with a window. Fold over the top and punch two holes at the top. Put the ribbon through the holes and tie a bow.
Other Himalayan Sea Salt Bath Products you can make
Muscle Relaxing Bath Soak
- 1 cup Epsom salt
- ¼ cup sea salt
- ¼ cup baking soda
- Mix all ingredients and pour them into a clean container.
Enjoy a luxurious bath experience that will pamper your body and soul! Pour the salts under running water as you fill-up the tub; let them dissolve for extra circulation-boosting benefits.
This holiday season, give the gift of your time and thoughtfulness with a handmade present straight from the heart. Nothing could be more appreciated than an item lovingly crafted by you!
Be sure to visit my friends and see what homemade gifts they have created to share with you today.
Jennifer @cottageonbunkerhill Made the cutest doormat! I cannot wait to try this project.
Regina @savedfromsalvage shows us how to make these adorable ornaments. Aren’t they adorable?
Amy @amysadlerdesigns– Look at these adorable felt pom pom coasters. These would make a wonderful gift.