FREE printable Happy Valentines Day banner.
Although we’ve just bid farewell to Christmas, can you believe another holiday is just around the corner? The month of February will sneak up on us, and I want you to be ready.
I’ve crafted 13 free printable Valentine’s Day banners for your decorating pleasure. These adorable designs are incredibly simple, requiring minimal time and effort to create.
On my blog WM Design House, I may sometimes use affiliate links, which means a small commission is earned if you purchase via the link. The price will be the same whether you use the affiliate link or go directly to the vendor’s website using a non-affiliate link.
Love is in the air, and what better way to celebrate Valentine’s Day than by decking out your home with free printable Valentine’s Day banners? In this post, I have designed over 13 delightful, free printable designs that will add a little love and charm to your home. Whether you’re hosting a party or want to sprinkle some Valentine’s joy, these banners are your ticket to festive decor without breaking the bank. Let’s dive in and get ready to create some Valentine’s Day magic.
How to make My Easy Step-by-Step FREE Printable Banners
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1: Download the PDF’s for the banners you want to make. (All of these banners are in three different PDF’s).
Step 2: Print the pdf file on white card stock that is 80 lbs. (Be sure to check your printer settings and set it for the correct type of paper) If your printer does not print on card stock, you can print on regular printer paper and then use spray glue to attach the papers to a piece of chipboard for better durability. (You may also want to check your printer settings and be sure it is set for printing heavier paper).
I printed on card stock and then spray glued the letters and hearts onto a piece of chipboard as I wanted them to be super durable and not warp. I highly suggest doing it this way.
Step 3: Cut out the shapes or letters.
You can use a paper cutter on some of the straight edges. I also used a ruler with an X-acto knife on the straight lines where I could not use the paper cutter. Use a sharp pair of scissors on areas like the “O.”
If you need to smooth any of the edges, I used a small gator sander to smooth the edges. This works well.
Step 4: Punch two holes in each cut-out along the top, approximately 1/2- 1/4 in on either side.
Arrange the cutouts in a line according to the desired pattern you want on the twine.
Begin by threading the twine through the holes, weaving it in and out until all the letters or hearts are strung. Optionally, intersperse wooden beads between the letters. Additionally, you can enhance the design by gluing a heart onto the ‘O’ in ‘love’, but be sure to do this before punching your holes.
- Downloaded PDF's (printed)
- Wooden beads
- White cardstock
- Spray glue
- Paper cutter
- Small hole punch
- X-acto knife
- Alligator sander
- Choose the design you want to make, or create your own with the graphics I have provided in the three PDFs I have available to print. There are images you can copy within each file.
- Print the pdf file on white card stock that is 80 lbs. (Be sure to check your printer settings and set it for the correct type of paper) If your printer does not print on card stock, you can print on a regular printer paper and then use spray glue to attach the papers to a piece of chipboard for better durability. I printed them on card stock and then spray glued them to a piece of chipboard as I wanted them to be super durable and not warp.
- Trim the hearts and letters using a paper cutter, X-acto knife, and scissors. Utilize a paper cutter for straight edges where applicable. For edges unsuitable for the paper cutter, employ a ruler with an X-acto knife. When dealing with intricate areas like the "O," use sharp scissors for precision.
- Punch two holes in each cut-out along the top.
- If you need to smooth any of the edges, I use a small alligator sander to smooth the edges.
- Begin by threading the twine through the holes, weaving it in and out until all the letters or hearts are strung. Optionally, intersperse wooden beads between the letters. Additionally, you can enhance the design by gluing a heart onto the ‘O’ in ‘love.’
Why Choose My Free Printable Happy Valentine’s Day Banner?
Imagine having the perfect free printable banner – even better, one where you can either craft your own design or select from my curated designs. With 13 diverse options, I’ve compiled an array of choices, guaranteeing you’ll discover something that resonates with your style and steals your heart.
There are several advantages to printing your own banner:
- Save costs by printing these at home or through services like FedEx or your local print shop. You can print one or all of the different banners. This option is wallet-friendly and ensures both affordability and customization.
- Customizable- You can mix and match the different elements that I have created to create your custom banner, or use one of my curated designs.
- Simplicity at its finest! You can enjoy the convenience of downloading my free printable PDFs from your home, eliminating the need for a shopping trip.
- Hang several of the fun Valentine’s Day printable banners for a party going in different directions across the room; just be sure to leave extra twine on the ends.
Creative Ways to Display the Free Valentine’s Day Printable Banners
Display your banner on the fireplace mantel; opt for a single banner or hang multiple banners together. For added charm, consider mixing in a pom-pom garland with the banners.
Welcome guests with the banner hung across your entryway or front door.
Use adhesive hooks or decorative clips to hang the banner as wall decor in your living room, dining area, or bedroom.
Create a charming backdrop for a Valentine’s Day party. Place the banner against a plain wall for people to take pictures.
Layer a Banner or two on the dining room table for a cute decoration. Add a vase or two of flowers in the center.
Wrapping It Up
I hope you enjoyed this fun way to add a touch of love to your home with these 13 free printable banners. From classic hearts to whimsical designs, these DIY decorations will surely add a heartfelt touch to your Valentine’s Day celebrations. Download, decorate, and let the love shine!”
Did you make this craft?
We would love to see what you have created, so mention us @wmdesignhouse on social media, or send me a few pictures to [email protected]. We would love to see your creations!
More about me!
Hello, I’m Wendy – a dedicated “So Cal Gal” with a deep passion for decorating, gardening, cooking, and crafting. I find joy in harmonizing beautiful elements to create a space that is both comfortable and inspiring. I will help you create a beautiful home and garden, one project at a time.
Connect with Wendy
37 of the best perennials to grow in your garden. These plants will bloom for years to come.
Transform your front door into a vibrant welcome with our step-by-step guide on crafting a stunning DIY lemon wreath. The pop of color will add the perfect touch to your front porch for the summer months. Lemons extend beyond mere ingredients for a refreshing glass of ice-cold lemonade or enhancing the flavor of baked cookies;…
Stacy Ling book